How to set Healthy Boundaries for your Client Business relation and reinforce themJanuary 6, 2017
5 things to consider before starting your Ecommerce BusinessJanuary 14, 2017
Marketing has evolved a lot in the past couple of decades giving marketers new and improved opportunities to experiment with the online marketing tactics in order to produce specific, desired results. Online marketing has numerous branches that pave the way for extensive online promotion and brand advertising. One such form of marketing is experiential marketing. This article highlights experiential marketing and how you can utilize it for your online business promotion.
What is experiential marketing?
The word experiential refers to an act that involves experiencing or observing something. The word also refers to something that delivers experience; so, in simple words experiential means delivering an experience and observing its outcome.
Experiential marketing refers to a form of advertising or promotion that aims to understand certain outcomes by helping consumers experience a product or service.
Experiential marketing is also known as engagement marketing, event marketing, live marketing, participation marketing and on-ground marketing. All these names refer to the act of encouraging customers to participate in an evolution of a business or its product and services. Marketers who employ experiential marketing believe that customers, who will be the end users of the product or service, should actively interact and participate in the creation and production of a product or service.
The following diagram shows online and offline ways to achieve experiential marketing results:
Uses online Experiential marketing for online businesses
There are numerous ways to utilize online experiential marketing for your online business, some of these ways are mentioned below.
- Social networking sites: Social media networking sites are a great way to implement online experiential marketing campaigns through online event engagement. Many digital marketing companies use social media sites, such as Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter, to create events and campaigns that allow customers to engage or participate in product production and promotion during its production stage.
- Website Blogs: Blogs play a key role in helping businesses create customer engagement for marketing purposes. Businesses can host events through content campaigns that encourage customers to participate with their thoughts and suggestions that are important for the experiential marketing outcome. You can attach various prizes or create contests with monetary rewards in order to increase customer participation through commentary on the website blogs.
- Webcasts: Webcasts are another online engagement tool that allows the participants to ask questions and record their responses via online webcast meetings. These meetings can sometimes include live Q&A sessions or online polls to gather customer opinions and suggestions.
- Crowd sourcing websites: Crowd sourcing web sites can be utilized for experiential marketing through open media events and contests. These websites are helpful in generating brand ambassadors who create ample promotion for the current brand event. So when the brand launches there is already a following and support in place to help it escalate in the market.
- Email marketing campaigns: Email marketing is one of the oldest and most effective online engagement tools that allow customer engagement through email campaign participation that can be ignited through giving target audience a chance to opt-in. Target audience can share their email messages with family and friends for brand promotion or participate in company’s event campaign through email responses.
Online experiential marketing tactics are a great way to get your customers to participate in your brand campaigns for increased promotion and advertisement that can contribute towards substantial sales in the near future.